KiTh aNd kIN
[kith and kin] – phrase/idioms. - one's relations. The word kith is Old English, and the original senses were ‘knowledge’, ‘one's native land’, and ‘friends and neighbours’. oRiGIn: The phrase kith and kin originally denoted one's country and relatives; later one's friends and relatives. -KinS [-k-nn-s]- a diminutive suffix of nouns: indicates smallness or, by semantic extension qualities such as familiarity and affection as in daddykins - a name a child calls their father when they want something.

Friday, December 17, 2010

to the last possible day

A very christmasy day here today.  DK stayed home so that I could attend my work Christmas lunch and then brought you down to join in after your nap.  It was lovely to see everyone and chat.  Naturally enough I was asked over and over "when are you coming back to work".  It was felt really good to say back that I would be stretching my mat leave to the last possible day because hanging with you was just so much fun.

Mr HK for a while there your MK was very into her work and would have been mortified to give the impression that she wasn't 100% committed.  MK's work can get pretty intense at times - once the big boss said (and he wasn't really joking) "I want my lawyers to have a life - I just want the firm to be their life".

MK loves her work and the firm but there certainly is a lot more to life.  You're only my little baby once and sadly I have no doubt that people will still be fighting each other in the courts when I get back.

There was a fun little parcel waiting when we got home.  A half sheet of Christmas wall stickers picked up on ebay for a song.  We made them into a cute wreath for our front door.  You knew immediately that something was new and gave me a big smile.  We're gonna love Christmases with you little moo.


There was a note in the package from the ebay seller say they were selling up all their possessions to take their kiddies travelling.  What a brave and fantastic thing to do.  I'll be following to see how they go.  We might do a few short trips with you first HK before we consider any such grand plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment