KiTh aNd kIN
[kith and kin] – phrase/idioms. - one's relations. The word kith is Old English, and the original senses were ‘knowledge’, ‘one's native land’, and ‘friends and neighbours’. oRiGIn: The phrase kith and kin originally denoted one's country and relatives; later one's friends and relatives. -KinS [-k-nn-s]- a diminutive suffix of nouns: indicates smallness or, by semantic extension qualities such as familiarity and affection as in daddykins - a name a child calls their father when they want something.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

unexpected fun

You are very very into books little HK.  And somewhat to my surprise so am I.  Memories of books I loved as a child that would not have pasted my mind for 20 (cough - ok 30) odd years just come rushing back.  You have the impressive start of a collection (or maybe I have a new obsession - but at least I am not alone).


The latest edition for a $2 coin at the op shop.  Much too old for you (long stories and chistmas crafts but we'll get to those someday) but you already love the pictures.



It once belonged to a "Flavell" - what an unusual name.  As you know your DK and I like unusual names - we hope you do too.  You get only two reactions to your name either "what?" or "great name".  I guess you better get used to it kid.

1 comment: